Oh, hi there!

Andrea Roach

My name is Andrea Roach, and I am a certified translator. I’m certified to translate from Portuguese to English and from Spanish to English through STIBC (Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia) and ATIA (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Alberta), both of which are member associations of CTTIC (Canadian Translators and Interpreters Council). I’m also a member of ATA (American Translators Association). I was a chemical engineer in my former life, and nowadays I spend most of my time translating technical (oil & gas, mining, water treatment, and water & sanitation) documents, as well as people’s personal documents for immigration purposes.

I love what I do, and I love my clients. 🙂 When I’m not translating, I’m doing yoga, running, or travelling.

Read my story


I’m one of those lucky people who loves their job. What this means for my clients is that they get a very high quality product, because my passion for…


How I Work

I work full-time as a translator, and my hours are from 9 to 5, Monday to Friday. I don’t work evenings or weekends, except under special circumstances. My main…



E-mail me the scans of your documents, and I’ll take a look and get back to you within 24 hours with the quote and timeline. I charge per word, based on the content and formatting of each document.

In most cases, no. However, it is the body you will be submitting the translations to that will say whether or not this is a requirement. For example, this is not necessary for immigration purposes, but many universities will ask that the translator declare that they did the translation based on the original document. ICBC requires that translators see original driver’s licences. If I do need to see the original, you can bring it to me so I can verify it when you come pick up your translation.

There are several options for this. I am happy to send you the scanned version of your translation (except in cases where I need to see the original document first). For the hard copies of your translations, I can mail them to you, or you can make an appointment with me to come pick them up at one of my two offices.

You should make an appointment if you need to come see me. I’m often in and out of the office, so I can’t guarantee I’ll be there if you drop by.

Payment methods accepted are cash and interac e-transfer (this a function offered on online banking sites of Canadian banks. All you need to send the transfer is my e-mail address.)

Yes, I’m happy to have your translations notarized. An extra fee will apply.

No problem!

I currently charge $40 for this service. ICBC requires that we translators fill out a form with the information from your licence (as opposed to doing a literal, word-by-word translation), and that we see the original licence. You can send me a scan or a photo of your licence, and then when you come to pick up the translation, I need to see your physical licence.

Actually, this is a question only ICBC can answer for you. Translators who are accredited by ICBC are not ICBC employees, so we don’t necessarily know ICBC’s processes and rules. I am very happy to translate your licence for you, though. 🙂